Posted by Anthropy on February 25, 2015 - 2:16 am, in reply to "Jackie's most likely upcoming movie projects"
Jackie's most likely upcoming movie projects
1. Skiptrace (Post-production and to be out into the screens by end of 2015 or early 2016)
2. Kungfu Yog (Shooting scheduled to start in April 2015 - Stanly Tong to direct - This will be the first movie in celebration of 65th diplomatic relations between India and China)
3. Civilian (Planned and postponed)
4. A movie about firefighters in mainland China (Ding Sheng to direct and write the script)
5. Karate Kid 2 (Possible)
6. Chinese Zodiacs 2 (Jackie & Frankie Chan writing the script currently)
7. Manhattan (Planned & postponed)
8. A movie collaboration with Zhang Yimou (Possible - he said he can star in this movie even when he hits 70)
9. Shanghai Dawn (Possible)
10. Rush Hour 4 (Possible)
Source: During a press junket when Jackie was asked about his upcoming movie projects, Jackie named these few projects and said that he has movies lined up just waiting for him to take the time to shoot till when he hits 70. He will be 61 by April 2015.
Considering the fact that Jackie usually shoot 1 or 2 movies a year, it is totally possible for these movie projects to stretch out for 10 years.
However, based on his track record, unless he actually goes to the set and start the shooting of the movie in actuality, no one knows for sure if any of these movies would get made, except for Skiptrace, Kungfu Yoga and Chinese Zodiacs 2 (kind of his personal pet project).
Re: Jackie's most likely upcoming movie projects (slightly updated) -
March 8, 2015 - 7:33 am